And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings (Rev. 10:11).
To prophesy is to speak forth the words that God gives, in the power of the Holy Spirit. Genuine prophecy is not what comes out of an individual’s mind. The Bible is clear that prophecy does not come by the will of man, but holy men of God speak as they are moved by the Hoy Spirit (2Peter 1:21).
Prophecy is one of the listed gifts of the Holy Spirit, given to edify the church of God and to win souls for Christ. The Holy Spirit gives this gift to individual believers as He wills, to make us more effective and more fruitful in kingdom service.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal (1 Cor. 12:7).
One of the promises that God is bringing to fulfilllment these last days is that He will pour out His Spirit upon all ” esh. This outpouring of the Holy Spirit is to be accompanied by manifestations of the diverse gifts of the Spirit, including the gift of prophecy.
The gifts of the Holy Spirit, including prophecy, are supernatural. When correctly used they produce supernatural results.
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will (1 Cor. 12:11).
Get ready, God is ready to pour out His Spirit massively upon your life, to empower you supernaturally in a new way so you can prophesy to many people, kings and nations, and bring them to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Believe the Word of the Lord that you shall “yet prophesy again before many peoples, and nations,and tongues, and kings” (Rev. 10:11).
If this is going to be so, then:
1) You must be truly born again. God does not give the Holy Spirit to people who are in the world (John 14:17). He gives the Holy Spirit to those who know and obey Him (Acts 5:32).
2) You must be ! lled with the Holy Spirit. It is one thing to be truly saved, born of the Spirit (John 3:5,6,8), it is another thing to be ! lled with the Holy Spirit (Eph. 5:18). After you are saved, ask to be ! lled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4).
3) You must be holy. Impurities in your life will both hinder and contaminate the ” ow of the Holy Spirit. The purer you are the greater the flow and the greater the impact. It is when “holy men” speak as they are moved by the Holy Spirit that we have a prophecy (2 Peter 1:21).
4) You must be full of the Word of God. The knowledge of God’s written word provides a safe foundation for the prophetic gift. A revelation knowledge of God’s word keeps you from speaking out of your mind calling it a prophecy (Isaiah 8:21).
5) You must spend intimate time with God. In worship, in praise, in prayer, and in fasting. It is at such time that genuine prophecies are birthed (Acts 13:1-3).
6) You must walk in faith and obedience. Most times the word that comes to you is above your understanding. But knowing that it is from the Lord, you receive it, and speak it forth. The prophets of old did not understand what they were talking about, but they spoke it out by faith (1Peter 1:11-12).
7) Finally, you must walk in humility. God will not give His precious gifts to the proud, the arrogant, or the boastful. But He gives grace to the humble (James 4:6). Get ready. A new wave of the Holy Spirit is coming upon you. You will yet prophesy.
And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth (Revelation 11:3).
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
1 COR. 12:1-11
FOR FURTHER STUDIES
Confession for Today
I believe the Word of the Lord. I shall yet prophesy to many nations.
Ask the Lord to empower you by the Holy Spirit to prophecy to many people, nations and kings.