At that time the LORD set apart the tribe of Levi to carry the ark of the covenant of the LORD, to stand before the LORD to minister and to pronounce blessings in his name, as they still do today (Deut. 10:8, NIV).
The responsibilities of the Levites in the Old Testament were very clear. They were to:
1. Carry the ark, the physical symbol of the presence of the Lord.
2. Stand before the Lord, in prayer and supplication.
3. Minister the Word of the Lord in the power of His Spirit.
4. Bless the people in the name of the Lord. Every believer in Christ is a minister of the new covenant. Christ has chosen and ordained us to minister in His name, taking His glorious gospel to the ends of the earth (John 15:16; Mark 16:15-20).
You should rise up and play your roles effectively as a minister of Christ by:
1. Carrying the manifest presence and the glory of the Lord everywhere you are (Matthew 28:20).
2. Taking your time to stand in the presence of the Lord in prayer and supplication (Acts 6:4).
3. Preaching the gospel of Christ to
all around you in the power of the Holy Spirit, leading them to become truly born again, and establishing them in the grace of God (Acts 1:8).
4. Blessing the people in the name of the Lord, healing the sick, delivering the oppressed, feeding the poor, clothing the naked and making a real difference in the world (Matthew 10:7-8).
Child of God, Jesus has called you to be His minister to a lost and dying world. He has sent the Holy Spirit to empower you to do it effectively, supernaturally. Arise then, and be lled with the Holy Spirit. Arise and take your place as an able minister of the New Testament. Arise and minister the gospel of Christ to the world. Great shall be your reward.
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other (John 15:16-17, NIV).
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
FOR FURTHER STUDIES
1 CORINTHIANS 9
Confession for Today
I am an able minister of the New Testament. I shall fulfil my ministry.