For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name (Psalm 61:5).
I want to urge you to walk in reverential fear of the Lord all the days of your life. There is a glorious inheritance for those who fear the Lord. The Bibles says, “Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him” (Eccl. 8:12).
This is to say that no matter what other people do, you should see to it that you walk in the fear of the Lord, and it shall be well with you.
To fear the Lord is to repent of every sin and iniquity and to depart from every evil (Proverbs 16:6).
To fear the Lord is to hate evil, to love righteousness and to walk in true holiness (Pro. 8:3; Heb. 1:8-9; 1 Peter 1:15-16).
To fear the Lord is to shun pride in every form and walk in true humility, knowing that God sees all that is in your heart (Pro. 22:4; James 4:6; Micah 6:8).
To fear the Lord is to love Him with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind and with all your might (Matt. 22:37).
To fear the Lord is to do all that you do faithfully, and with an upright heart (2 Chro. 19:9).
To fear the Lord is to serve Him, to obey His voice and not to rebel against His commandment (1 Samuel 12:14).
If you truly dedicate yourself to walk in the fear of the Lord, then yours will be a glorious inheritance (Psalm 16:11),
- a glorious destiny (Genesis 24:1-2; 1 Chro. 29:26-28).
- a glorious eternity with God (John 14:1- 3; 2 Cor. 5:8). However, it is only possible to walk in the fear of the Lord.
- If you have truly given your life to Jesus Christ, submitting to Him as your Lord, thereby becoming a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17).
- If you are filled with the Holy Spirit, who will help and lead you to daily walk in the fear of the Lord (Galatians 5:16-25).
- If you meditate in the word of the Lord day and night, to receive divine light and direction for your daily walk with God (Joshua 1:8; Ps. 1:1-3; Ps. 119:105).
- If you give yourself to diligent prayer daily, receiving divine help to walk in dominion over all the devices of the devil (Matthew 26:41).
Beloved, God has made all that you need to walk in the fear of the Lord available. If you walk in the fear of the Lord, you will walk in divine blessings in time and in eternity (Psalm 37:37). It is well with you.
The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant (Psalm 25:14).
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
FOR FURTHER STUDIES
Confession for Today
I walk in the fear of the Lord. I have a glorious heritage.
- Give thanks to God for His Word.
- Ask the Lord to circumcise your heart so you may walk in the fear of the
Lord all your life.
- Ask for the help of the Holy Spirit to walk in the fear of the Lord.
- Pray for your nation.