Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people (Luke 1:68).
In Christ Jesus, God has visited the earth with complete redemption. About sin, it is written: “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins” (Matt. 1:21). About the devil, it is written: “…that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;” (Heb. 2:14). About death it is written: “…manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel” (II Tim. 1:10).
About the coming judgement, it is written of Him: “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (Jn. 3:18). About hell and eternal destruction, it is written: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (Jn. 3:16). About the curses of the law it is written: “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ… (Gal. 3:13-14).
About poverty and suffering, it is written: “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich” (II Cor. 8:9). With the coming of Jesus into this world, no man ought to be under the bondage of sin again. No person ought to be under the influence of Satan again. No one ought to be in poverty and lack or under the influence of any curse again. Jesus has died to redeem us from all evil. You can enjoy the full benefits of His redemption. But why are people still under the bondage of Satan today, well over two thousand years after Jesus brought us complete redemption?
- Deception: Satan has deceived many that by being “good” or “religious” they will be saved. Satan has blindfolded the world so they would not see the light of the glorious gospel of Christ. This is the work of Intercessors. Let’s tear the curtain off so the people can see their Redeemer!
- Unbelief: People are in bondage because of unbelief. Jesus told them in His days: Except ye believe that I am he, ye will die in your sin (Jn.8:24).
- By far the most critical reason why people still remain in bondage is ignorance. They know there is a God in heaven. They want to seek and know Him, but the way of truth they do not know. The Bible has said, “Whosoever shall call upon Him shall be saved. But how shall they call upon him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him, of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?” (Rom. 10:13-14). This is where you and I come in who have believed and have tasted that the Lord is good. It is our duty to take this glorious message to one, and to all; to our neighbours, and to the ends of the earth. The Lord has visited and redeemed His people. Let us go and tell them (Mk. 16:15).
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
LUKE 1:69 -80
FOR FURTHER STUDIES
- Give thanks to God for the power of the gospel of Christ that saved you and can save anyone.
- Pray that the hand of the Lord may rest upon you to faithfully take this message to the ends of the earth.
- Pray that God may lead you to ripe souls, ready to be saved.
- Pray for somebody you know who needs to be saved.
Confession for Today: I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ
Nations’ Watch: Pray for Japan