He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure (Isaiah 33:16).
When an individual decides to walk with God in righteousness and
uprightness of heart, God Himself becomes his or her defence. He has promised in His word that if we would obey His voice indeed,
He will be an enemy to our enemies and an adversary to our adversaries (Exodus 23:22).
Therefore, if you have put your trust in Christ and you are walking in righteousness and holiness, your defence is sure. Today’s text shows us clearly that if a true child of God is walking in righteousness:
- He shall dwell on high-beyond the reach of the enemy
- The place of his defence shall be the munitions of rocks.
This is sure, unassailable protection. The Bible speaks of Job, that God made a hedge round about him and all that he had, such that Satan in all his craftiness could not touch him, nor all that he had. It was only after God gave him permission that Satan could do anything with Job. That was in the Old Testament, before Jesus died on the
cross, and shed His precious blood for us.
Now in the New Testament, our defence is a thousand times surer than that of Job. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3). To enjoy this sure defence:
- Be sure you are truly born again, not just religious. Be sure you have truly given your life to Christ.
- Be sure you are walking in righteousness and holiness. Make sure there is no hidden sin in your life that will create holes in your armour and open the door for the enemy to successfully hit you
because “whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him” (Eccl. 10:8).
- Be sure you walk by faith, appropriating the promises of God in His word. Do not live your life by fear. What you fear will come on you (Job 3:25). What you believe will happen to you.
- Be sure you are walking in wisdom, taking appropriate precautionary measures about your safety, health, food and drinks.
Commit your entire life to the hands of God, and trust Him to take care of you and perfect all that concern you. It shall be well with you.
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD (Isaiah 54:17).
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
FOR FURTHER STUDIES
- Give thanks to God for His provision for your complete protection. He is your defence. Give Him praise.
- Give thanks to God for looking after you from your mother’s womb up till this moment.
- Give thanks to God because He is there for you till your journey on earth is gloriously over.
- Decisively cast out of your life, sins that may open your life to satanic attacks. Repent of them, and renounce them.
Confession for Today: The Lord is my sure defence, I shall not be afraid.
Nations’ Watch: Pray for Seychelles