If the LORD is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land, a land flowing with milk and honey, and will give it to us. Only do not rebel against the LORD. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will swallow them up. Their protection is gone, but the LORD is with us. Do not be afraid of them (Num 14:8-9, NIV).
The presence of the Lord is the greatest blessing an individual can ever enjoy. When God is with you:
(1) No enemy can overcome you, but you will conquer them all. The presence of the Lord guarantees absolute victory.
(2) You enjoy complete divine protection; no evil can befall you, no plague can come near you.
(3) You enjoy abundant provision. There can be no lack, all your needs are aptly supplied.
(4) You enjoy clear direction. You do not miss your way because God is guiding you, step by step, day by day.
(5) You possess great inheritances and wealth. The Lord Himself leads you into your land of promise owing with milk and honey.
(6) You succeed in all your ways, and you prosper in all that you lay your hands to do.
(7) You reach your goal, and you enjoy perfect rest, satisfaction and peace. The presence of God guarantees rest.
In our text today, Joshua and Caleb encouraged the people of Israel to believe the Lord their God and move into the land of promise He had given them, assuring them that with the presence of the Lord with them, they had nothing to fear.
Abraham succeeded in life because the Lord was with him (Gen. 21:22), Likewise Isaac (Gen. 26:24), Jacob (Gen. 28:15), David (1 Sam. 18:28). Of Jesus it is written:
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all
that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him (Acts 10:38).
“For God was with Him.” That was the secret of His success.
To apostle Paul God said the following:
Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:
For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city (Acts 18:9-10).
“I am with thee.” That was why Paul was such a phenomenal success. As for you, God has given a promise of His
And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest (Ex. 33:14). … and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen (Matthew 28:20b).
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee (Hebrews 13:5).
All you need to do is to believe His Word, and claim His manifest presence. Then go in faith, as He leads you. Every step shall be a victory, every move shall be a success.
Make sure you live in the consciousness of His presence with you. And you will prosper in all your ways, as you walk day by day with Him, until you reach your heavenly home.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness (Is. 41:10).
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
FOR FURTHER STUDIES
Confession for Today
The presence of the Lord is with me. I am more than a conqueror.
- Give thanks to God for the promise of His abiding presence.
- Ask for His presence to be with you, and manifest, in all your ways today.
- Pray for your pastor.