He cutteth out rivers among the rocks; and his eye seeth every precious thing (Job 28:10).
It is the desire of God to bless your life with what is precious. I want you to believe it, and ask Him to do it for you (James 1:5).
But first we need to have a clear understanding of what is precious… in the sight of God. From the Scriptures, we understand that
There are precious things on earth, like silver, gold, houses full of precious things, and the like (Deut. 33:16; 2 Kings 20:13). God wants you to be diligent so you can be blessed with the precious things of the earth. And He wants you to take good care of those precious things He gives to you because the “substance of the diligent is precious” (Proverbs 12:27). There are precious things of the hills (Deut. 33:15). These are reserved for ‘climbers.’ Those who are ready to ascend the hill of the Lord, to sit at His feet, receive the Word of His mouth, and do them (Matthew 5:1; Psalm 15). May the “precious things of the hills” be given to you by God. There are precious things of heaven (Deut. 33:13). These are too numerous to mention. But I will highlight some.
- Your life is a gift from God and it is precious. Treat your life as precious and do not trifle with it in any way (1 Samuel 26:21. 1 Kings 1:13-14).
- A good name is precious – more precious than silver and gold. Walk in integrity and earn yourself a good name (Ecclesiastes 7:1).
- The Word of the Lord is very precious. His promises are invaluably precious. Treasure God’s word and claim His promises for your bene! ts (1 Samuel 3:1; 2 Peter 1:4).
- Christ our Redeemer is eternally precious. The blood that He shed on the cross is precious forever. It is the only thing that can save your soul (1 Peter 2:7; 1:19).
- The salvation of your soul is precious, more precious than the entire world (Psalm 49:8). If you gain all the precious things of this world and you are not saved, you are a loser forever (Matt. 16: 25-26).
- Each redeemed person is very precious to the Lord. He does everything possible to protect and take care of them. He judges anyone who hurts or leads them astray. Their blood is precious in His sight. He does not let them die lightly (Psalm 72:14; Lamentation 4:2; Psalm 116:15).
- You are precious in the sight of God (Isaiah 43:4).
- The adulterers always hunt for the precious life if you have a problem with lust and sexual immorality, it is a proof that you are a precious life that the adulterer wants to destroy – deliver yourself before it is too late (Proverbs 6:26).
- The thoughts of God, and His plan for your life are precious (Psalm 139:17 Jeremiah 29:11).
- Our faith and the trials of our faith is precious (1 Peter 1:7; 2 Peter 1:1).
- The salvation of souls is very precious to God (Psalm 49:8). When you lead a sinner to Christ, heaven breaks forth into joy (Luke 15:10).
- The going forth to preach the gospel of Christ with tears by anyone – believer, evangelist, missionary is very precious to God. When you go forth to preach heaven is glad (Psalm 126:5-6).
- The anointing of the Holy Spirit upon your life is God’s precious ointment; His crown that sets you apart for a holy use (Psalm 133:2; Mark 14:3; Matthew 26:7; Leviticus 21:12).
- The man God raises and positions to lead and be a blessing is precious (Isaiah 13:12; Isaiah 28:16; Eph. 4:11-16).
- A virtuous woman – a wife, a mother – is more than precious gold or rubies (Proverbs 18:22; Proverbs 3:15).
- The children God gives you are precious (Psalm 127:3).
- The New Jerusalem, our heavenly home is eternally precious. You will not miss it (Revelation 21:11-19).
- Wisdom, the principal thing, is extremely precious (Proverbs 4:7; Job 28:18).