As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us (Lk. 1:70-71).
Their Redeemer is strong; the LORD of hosts is his name: he shall thoroughly plead their cause, that he may give rest to the land, and disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon (Jer. 50:34).
Jesus Christ of Nazareth was sent into this world by God, to be your Saviour from all your enemies. We all have enemies. The interest and pleasure of your enemy against you is negative – all the time. There are enemies with temporal negative interests. There are enemies with permanent negative interests. There are enemies with everlasting negative interests. No matter what, your enemy does not wish you well. And many times they are stronger than what you can handle by yourself.
This is why Jesus Christ came into this world, to save you “from the hand of all that hate” you (Luke 1:71). He is our Redeemer and He is strong. He fought and won at Calvary where He died and shed His blood as a ransom for your
soul. He dealt an everlasting blow of absolute victory on the enemy when He rose from the dead. He has that victory in His hand for you. In Him you do not need to struggle for victory; just pick it up by faith. That is why the Bible says that you are more than a conqueror in Christ (Romans 8:37).
The arrows of the enemy might have been directed against:
- Your body – through sickness.
- Your mind – through afflictions.
- Your career – through hindrances and obstacles.
- Your marriage – in whatever form.
- Your spouse – in whatever form.
- Your children and grandchildren – in whatever form.
- Your close relatives – in whatever form.
- Your finances and your prosperity.
- Your spiritual life.
- Your Ministry and service for God.
- Your spiritual relationships with all you are connected.
- Your hope of eternal glory in Christ.
In whatever area the enemy has sought to attack you, whether as mentioned above or in any other area, just tell it to Jesus and expect His intervention. Pray a strong, violent prayer against the enemy and claim through Christ your total victory. He will deliver you and you shall glorify Him.
Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me (Psalm 50:14-15).
Rejoice today, you have a Redeemer. Rejoice today, the enemy cannot afflict you. Rejoice today, you are more than a conqueror. Rejoice today, and enjoy your victory in Christ. It is well with your soul.
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities; And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room (Psalm 31:7-8).
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
FOR FURTHER STUDIES
- Give thanks to God for sending Jesus to be your Redeemer.
- Rejoice in the Lord your God because your Redeemer is strong, He is able.
- Present to God in a prayer of faith whatever it is the enemy is trying to do to you. Ask God to give you absolute victory.
Confession for Today: My Redeemer is strong. The Lord of hosts is His name.
Nations’ Watch: Pray for Kazakhstan