But I press to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me (Phil. 3:12b, NIV).
There is a purpose for which God made you. There is a purpose for which God saved you. There is a purpose for which God called you. By the mercy of God you will fulfill God’s purpose for your life. Child of God, it is time for you to lay aside all trivialities, then focus intensely on God’s purpose for your life and then press towards the fulfillment of that purpose. You should seek to understand, before the Lord, what His agenda for your life is, and the finishing line He has set for you. If you are not clear about it, ask Him. He is your Father. Having understood God’s agenda for your life, nothing else should count for much.
Keep your eyes on you r finishing line and then run the race that is set before you with patience, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of your faith. What others do with their lives, and the calling God has given them is not important to you. That is their own business. As for you, focus on your own business, be diligent and pursue it with all your might, pressing on towards the finishing line with every atom of your being. What others say is not important to you. It is what God says that counts. Who and who praised or recognized you is not important, God’s recognition is all you need. Who hates or opposes you worths nothing whatsoever. God has promised to fight for you, and that is all you need. With the help of God, by focusing on your life goals, and pressing towards their achievement.
*You will become distinguished in this life. Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men (Prov. 22:29).
* You will find joy and fulfillment in doing the will of God. But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another (Gal. 6:4).
* You will finish gloriously. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing (2 Tim 4:7-8).
* You will receive God’s eternal reward. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was (John 17:4-5). These are worth much more than the temporary adulation of men whom you are trying to please, or the ephemeral gains that all those matters distracting you from your main life assignment is bringing to you. May the wisdom of the Lord rest upon you.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Phil. 3:13-14).
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
FOR FURTHER STUDIES
- Give thanks to God for His purpose for your life.
- Ask the Lord to clarify His purpose for your life.
- Ask wisdom and understanding in the purpose of God for your life.
- Ask for grace to be focused.
- Ask for strength to pursue God’s purpose with wisdom.
- Pray for your Pastor.
Confession for Today
I receive God’s grace, wisdom and strength to pursue God’s purpose for my life. I shall Finish gloriously.
Nations’ Watch: Pray for Morocco