Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men (Prov. 22:29)
God does not want any of His children to be a “hewer of wood and drawer of water” Joshua 9:21). He wants each believer to be blessed, prosperous, and great. He wants us to stand before kings. It takes a king or a distinguished person to stand before kings.
You will be distinguished in life. When God was calling father Abraham, He promised to make him great. And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing (Gen. 12:2). As a believer in Christ you are a seed of Abraham and you are blessed with faithful Abraham (Gal. 3:7, 9). The greatness God promised Abraham is yours to claim through Christ Jesus (Gal. 3:13-14).
When God was laying out the terms of His covenant to Israel shortly before entering Canaan land, He said those who are faithful shall be head, and not tail, shall be above only and not beneath (Deut. 28:12-14). Without any doubt, to be great and prominent is God’s will for you. See Deuteronomy 28:1-14. To be a “hewer of wood and drawer of water” is a curse.
This is how Joshua put it when he was speaking to the Gibeonites who came to deceive him. And the princes said unto them, Let them live; but let them be hewers of wood and drawers of water unto all the congregation; as the princes had promised them. And Joshua called for them, and he spake unto them, saying, Wherefore have ye beguiled us, saying, We are very far from you; when ye dwell among us? Now therefore ye are cursed, and there shall none of you be freed from being bondmen, and hewers of wood and drawers of water for the house of my God (Josh. 9:21-23). You should firmly reject the curse of poverty and insignificance. If there be anything that happened in the past that can make this your lot, you can take advantage of the blood of Jesus and cancel that thing out of your life.
In the mighty name of Jesus you shall not be a hewer of wood and drawer of water. You will be blessed and prosperous. You will be great and mighty. You will stand before kings. There are three critical qualities you must have if indeed you are going to stand before kings.
- You must identify what your business is in life and focus on it. “Seest thou a man diligent in his business?” What then is your business now? What is your means of livelihood? You must have something you are doing that God will bless, through which greatness will come your way. The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow (Deut. 28:12).
- You must be diligent in your business. The Bible says “the hand of the diligent shall bear rule, the slothful shall be under tribute” (Prov. 12:24). Diligence is a must if you will be prominent in life. The slothful can never stand before kings.
- You must be faithful like father Abraham so that you can be blessed like “faithful Abraham.” To be faithful in your word and deed, to be faithful in your work and ways, to be faithful to God, to your spouse and to yourself is a master key to blessing and prominence. “A faithful man shall abound with blessings” (Prov. 28:20). Therefore beloved, reject the curse of poverty, identify your business in life, be diligent in your business and be faithful in all your ways, and you will end up with the great and mighty.
Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it (Isaiah 58:14).
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
FOR FURTHER STUDIES
- Give thanks to the Lord for His Word.
- Rebuke poverty in your life and cast it out in the name of Jesus.
- Pray for the spirit of diligence and faithfulness to rest upon you.
- Ask the Lord to bless your life and make you great indeed.
- Pray for the city/town where you live.
Confession for Today: I have been redeemed from poverty. I shall be mighty on
Nations’ Watch: Pray for Tanzania the earth.