The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times, Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever (Psalm 12:6-7).
Nothing in the entire universe is as precious as the word of the Lord. It is eternal life and re. It proceeds from God, and is current and relevant throughout all eternity. If it comes out of the mouth of the Lord, it is powerful forever. The word of the Lord is everlasting. The word of the Lord is God Himself. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God (John1:1).
The Word of the Lord gives life (1 Peter 1:23). The Word cleanses and sanctifies (John 17:17). The Word heals and delivers (Psalms 107:20). The Word guides and directs (Psalm 119:105). The Word warns and corrects (Psalms 19:11).
The Word teaches and instructs (2 Timothy 3:16). The Word perfects, and equips for good works (2Timothy 3:16). The Word is the food that nourishes your soul (Matt. 4:4). What good food does to your body is what the word of the Lord does to your soul (Jeremiah 15:16). Your attitude to the word of the Lord must be an attitude of
- Awe and reference (Isaiah 66:2).
- Listening and learning (Ezra 7:10).
- Faith and obedience (Mark 4:20).
- Pass it on to others beginning from your household (Duet. 6:7). If this is your case, then you will be blessed greatly, and you will be a blessing wherever you go, all the days of your life.
Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts (Jeremiah 15:16).
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
FOR FURTHER STUDIES
- Give thanks to God for His word.
- Ask the Lord to reveal His word to you, personally.
- Ask the Lord to fulfil His good word in your life.
- Pray for your Pastor
Confession for Today: I am fed, nourished and strengthened by the word of God, It is well with me.
Nations’ Watch: Pray for Romania